Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Vacation Update

Day 3 cont:
The rest of day 3 was blessedly uneventful. We moved a few things around but Arpee and I focused on catching up with season 4 of the Office. We are almost caught up now.

Day 4:
Sunday was fun, we got mom to go with us to church. That was fun because she hasn't gone to church since she went to catholic church as a young girl. We went to Salinas Valley Community Church which reminds me alot of NewCov. I really enjoyed the sermon, they just started a sermon series on Daniel and they covered Daniel 1. The message series is called Choices and he talked about the choices we make when things beyond our control take us to Babylon. Wasn't so much informative but it spoke to my heart and I think it was a good message for me mom aswell. SVCC also does a cool thing where it gives their guest $5 gift cards to Starbucks, I think that impressed my mom above all else.

Day 5:
Was yesterday and it was alot of fun. Arpee and I did a little trip to Monterey. First we stopped at Dominos to get Arpee's favorite lunch. Then we went to the Monterey Wharf then the Coast Guard pier. The Coast Guard pier is fun because there are seemingly millions of Sea Lions. You get the seem them upclose and they fight and play and ofcourse sleep. It's actually pretty cool. The coolest thing however though, which Arpee scooped me on covering it first on her blog, was that we saw dolphins!! That was cool because I grew up in Salinas (right by Monterey) so I've been Monterey many times growing up and I've never seen dolphins. Infact, I saw a sign for a whale watching ship which had dolphins on it earlier that day and I was skeptical because I didn't even think they came here. Now the dolphins weren't as close as they were in the Weaver's pictures but it was still alot of fun to just spot them and to see the playing. They did all of the typical dolphin tricks that you are probably familiar with. I've seen dolphins at Seaworld type places but it's interesting to see them do the exact same thing in nature. We got a good view but unfortunately the camera died. We probably couldn't have caught them anyway because they were so fast. Awesome though.

Day 6:
Is today, Arpee ropped me into watching South Pacific by being mad at me. I think she might have been faking it though, she's pretty diabolical. This should be a pretty lazy day.
My sister Julia is leaving for Japan soon which is a really weird thing. She'll be gone for atleast a year, probably two.
We're also planning on going to a German restaurant either tonight or tomorrow night. It's a fun change of pace since I almost never eat German food.

That's it for now. Feel free to comment that way I can feel loved.

2 comments:

Arev said...

Julia's leaving? So soon? It sounds like you guys are having an awesome time and much needed rest! I'm happy for you guys and am totally praying for you!

Jess said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time...what's German food consist of??