Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Vacation Tracker 2008

So I figure you guys are all missing me terribly, except Julia because she is only several feet from me, so I thought I would update everyone on my vacation. I wish I had a camcorder so that I could make funny videos like Steven, but I would probably also need to be funny aswell.

Day 1:
We wanted to leave Fresno on the early side. We carefully packed everything at our apartment. The plan was to stop by Arpee's Family's house for a lunch time breakfast on our way out. At that point we were going to drop off apartment key, Arpee was going to get a couple movies and I think there was something else aswell. We accomplished 0% of that at Arpee's Family's house.
The drive was good, no traffic persay. We got in probably around 3ish.
My mom (no blog ever) and step dad (no blog yet), just got a new house which is a big time upgrade from their old house. The first thing they had me do was crawl under the house to run some telephone line. I was told that it "clean" under the house because it was new. While I appreciated that there weren't any cob webs or mice or the like, it was not clean or "maneuverable", but the phone line is run thanks to my own heroics. My main mission after I got in was to help put up a ceiling fan. This fan was ridiculously complicated to put up.
After accomplishing all of this and helping them move some stuff I was comforted in know that the big move day was tomorrow.

Day 2:
The move day. We got up nice and early to start the move. We drove to Salinas (closest city, about 15 minutes away) to pick up a moving truck. Turns out they had trouble with this place when they moved all of their stuff out of the their old house and into storage. This time they did the smart thing and called ahead the day before, they were told "no problem". When we got there we discovered a problem. They didn't have a truck for us. The guy behind the counter really had no idea what was going on which was fun because it seemed like he owned the place and maybe even lived upstairs. Luckily for us a lady was turning in a truck that was the same size as the one we were supposed to get. It was weird though because at first he told us we couldn't have the truck then by the end of his explanation he said we could. Go figure.
Some people collect stamps, some coins, some other things. My mom collects heavy things.
The move went pretty good though overall.

Day 3 Part 1:
It's 9:57am right now. The day has just started, we haven't done anything yet which is great because I can barely move right now. Today seems like it'll be a good rest day which is nice because I am on vacation after all. All of their stuff is inside the house it's just a matter of unpacking and figuring out where will end up. It actually seems fairly unpacked already, seems they threw out alot of (non heavy) stuff before the move which I am always a big fan of.

Well, I'll keep you guys updated. I hope everything is going well in Fresno and nobody has died of heat raining from the sky yet.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Haha, I knew to check your blog because when I saw you walking past my room earlier carrying your laptop, I noticed you were composing a blog on your screen.
How's the next door room treating you and Arpee?

Arev said...

"Heat raining from the sky" I like it...more like balls of fire. lol I miss you guys already and I can't wait to get down there (or up there? who knows!) on Thursday for SWC! :) Have fun, relax, and tell the Arpinater to give me a call!