Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm Curious

Alright guys, I have a question for you that I would like everyone to please answer in the comments section:

How do you read my blog? Let me explain with my own example.

When I first started blogging I kept track of my friends blogs by making links on mine. Nearly every day I'd go down the list and open new tabs for each and check for new content. This worked then but it would take a long time with more blogs.

Then I signed up for Google Reader. For those unfamiliar, Google Reader keeps track of your blogs and lists the new content for you. It works especially well in my opinion if you have an iGoogle page which I can talk about if anyone is interested. It's possible to read all of the new post within Google reader keeping them all together but I prefer to click on them so I can read the blog posts on their own site and comment if I choose.

I now keep track of 46 blogs because of Google Reader which is alot more then I used to (just check my link bar on the left side of my blog). These new blogs are not only to keep up with my friends but to also learn and grow and they've been a huge resource. It actually doesn't even take me that long to keep up with those.

So this leads me back to my question: How do you read my blog? Am I in a google reader box? Are you using feedburner? Some other program? Are you just typing in my address whenever you want to check on me?

I'm curious to see how everyone does it, maybe I'll learn something or maybe it'll turn out that a bunch of use your Google Reader and we can share some sites (it works for that too). Maybe I've talked you into trying a new program. Maybe I'll just find out that everyone just checks on my blog every couple weeks.

So everyone who reads this, please answer....I'm begging you :)

6 comments:

Doulos said...

I've got a reader.

Acorn Caron said...

I don't use a stupid google reader- that is SOOO impersonal. lol, I basically go down my list, I keep it short for that reason. Think of yourself as lucky for having made it ;)

NerdMom said...

I use BlogLines as my reader. The only problem is that is takes a bit to update new articles. You can also put something right onto your computer if you are always on the same one. So how is the job hunt going?

Julia said...

I subscribe to blog feeds on my iGoogle page. But you probably know this already.

Jess said...

I used to be really good about checking all the time by just going down the list like everyother day or so...but now that I don't write as often it's less but I do just go down the line. However, now that I know that stuff exists, I'm going to look into this reader stuff.

Saitaku said...

I use a bookmarks toolbar with a "blogs" folder on firefox to jump from blog to blog. yup yup